USSF "D" LICENSE INFORMATION
New "D" License Format Explained
The "D" is the first licensing course offered under the auspices of the US Soccer Federation through affiliated members at the state level. In order to maintain consistency in the delivery and execution of the course the objectives, expectations, and grading for the "D" License course have been established.
• To prepare coaches working with players U10 and above by expanding their knowledge and understanding of the technical and tactical demands of the game and the developmental process necessary for players of these ages.
• To provide an understanding of practical coaching methodology and the framework necessary to prepare players and a team for competition.
• To prepare coaches for whom this represents their final coaching course, as well as, as those who plan to pursue an advanced US Soccer Federation Coaching License.
Curriculum (36 hours):
Classroom / Theory
• Methods of Coaching, Principles of Play, Transition, Team Management & Administration, Tactics I, Tactics II, Match Analysis, Laws of the Game, and Care and Prevention of Injuries.
Field / Practical
•When to Dribble and when to Pass; Heading and Crossing; Finishing; Goalkeeping; Transition; Small Group Defending; and Small Group Attacking.
Comprehensive Assessment and Review
• Practice Coaching, Practical Field Test, and Written Exams
• $100.00 ($175 non-members) for each of the two weekends for IYSA member coaches