Club Leaders :
Here are a couple of updates regarding the current situation that we are all dealing with.
Suspension of play extension
A couple of days ago the President of the United States announced an extension of the government guidelines regarding social distancing. For this reason just about every major youth/adult sports organization across the country -- including US Soccer and US Youth Soccer -- have extended the current return to play date until May 1st.
Farwest Regionals and Regional Presidents Cup Cancelled
In one of the toughest decisions to date, US Youth Soccer has cancelled these regional and national events. This decision DOES NOT include State Cup, which we are still planning to hold. On the positive side, the cancellation of Regionals will free up more weekends for league play.
For those of you what wish to see the reasons behind the decision you can read the full news release here:
As the dust is now beginning to settle our discussions during the next few days will be regarding tryouts. With the season extending into the June/July time frame, we are now at the point where the current tryout timeline will not work for the vast majority of our state. We will touch base soon with further information.
Further suspension of play
In lieu of today’s stay at home announcement by Governor Little, IYSA is suspending all activities until April 20th which also coincide with the current school closures.
State Cup deadline extended
Several members have asked us about extending the State Cup deadline due to the current climate. IYSA has agreed and will be extending the State Cup deadline until April 17th. Payment for the event will be due before the draw date which is going to be April 21st. The tournament is still slated to take place on memorial weekend
Directors Cup NEW DATE
In order to allow the various leagues around the state to begin play and for teams to have some game time prior to Directors Cup, we have now changed the date of the tournament to June 6th. Deadline for entry will be May 15th. The current entries will still be valid.
No change at this time
Regional Presidents Cup
No change at this time
Other Idaho Tournaments
Other tournaments are beginning to move their dates, we will update them on our website as we hear from them.
This morning I had a conference call with US Youth Soccer. They have also had a call with the other US Soccer affiliates which include amongst others, US Club and AYSO. All agreed to extend the suspension of all activities beyond the current March 30th date and are setting new dates for their organizations. US Youth Soccer is currently determining the date of their suspension but we have no news as to what that date is yet. As soon as US Youth Soccer decide on the date we will let you know. In the meantime IYSA continues to plan for a late start to the spring season and an extension of play that could run through July.
For up-to-date information please ensure that you continue to check the IYSA Covid-19 page at http://www.idahoyouthsoccer.org/covid19/
Lastly, here is a document from the CDC that was sent to us from the Chairman of US Youth Soccer Dr. Pete Zopfi and explains very well what is called the Community Mitigation Strategy. Click Here for that document
We don’t want to continually fill inboxes with data so we have created a simple webpage where you will find a daily log of any changes that are being made. This can be reached at http://www.idahoyouthsoccer.org/covid19/ .
The official Idaho Government Website which is updated frequently can also be found here https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/
Per Government and CDC Recommendations, the IYSA staff will be working from home until March 30th. The phone voicemail will be monitored but you can also reach us vial e-mail:
Craig Warner firstname.lastname@example.org
Skyler Bell email@example.com
Pam Draper firstname.lastname@example.org
Verna Weiss email@example.com
Alex Jones firstname.lastname@example.org
Nicole Arsenault email@example.com
ISL Recreational League
This league is not due to kick off until April 4th but we are monitoring that date. We could go to a more condensed season or an extended one but that may be determined by the clubs involved.
Snake River League (District 2)
To be determined by the District 2 participants, they are already communicating on a frequent basis.
Has been postponed until May 1-3, location may have to change due to the current Boise Parks restrictions.
At this time is still ON. Deadline for entry at the moment is April 24th
At this time is still ON. Deadline for entry is currently March 27th although the draw will be postponed in order to give people a chance to be present.
Regional Presidents Cup
At this time is still ON
At this time is still ON
USYS Monday Conference call: All NCS events are still on as of today.(Directors and State Cup, Regionals, Presidents Cup)
Suspension of league play until March 30th remains in effect.
ISRC: All referee classes have been suspended at this point. More info to come at a later date.
CDC: Idaho public health experts recommend that organizers (whether groups or individuals) postpone or cancel mass gatherings and public events in any of the following situations:
- The event will draw audiences or participants from communities, states, or countries with confirmed community spread of COVID-19 disease. Your local public health district can assist you in making this determination.
- The event will consist of 50 people or more people. This is recommended for the next eight (8) weeks.
- The event’s primary audience includes or may expose high-risk populations, including adults over the age of 60 years and people with underlying chronic medical conditions like heart or lung disease or diabetes, regardless of the number of attendees.
To: Idaho Youth Soccer Membership
Re: Coronavirus Update (COVID-19)
Date: March 12, 2020
Statement regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The health and well-being of the Idaho Youth Soccer Associations many players and families is our number one priority. Idaho Youth Soccer is following the guidelines being sent forward by Center for Disease Control (CDC) and the Idaho Central Health District. We are also monitoring the newly created Idaho Coronavirus website at https://coronavirus.idaho.gov/
Both US Soccer and US Youth Soccer have issued statements and are monitoring the changing dynamic around the county. We will share any updates if and when they are received. Based on the facts and information we have currently, we recommend everyone follow the protocols and best practices set forth by the CDC. www.cdc.gov
All soccer activity may go on as scheduled at this time. The situation is very fluid and so each organization is empowered to make their own decisions for their games and events. Please be respectful of individual or organizational decisions regarding participation. Also be mindful of your facility partners, especially schools and the decisions they need to make regarding usage.
Additionally, players in a higher-risk category, or who are not feeling well, should not participate.
CURRENTLY RECOMMEND PROCEEDING AS SCHEDULED
- ISL games
- Club trainings
- Future in-state tournaments
- RTC trainings in areas with local leagues continuing play
- ODP Sub-Regional Camp (although classroom session will be cancelled)
- National League play
- Regional League play
- Coaching Courses
- ODP International trips
Along with statements from both US Soccer and US Youth Soccer you will also find a number of national as well as local resources listed on our website at http://www.idahoyouthsoccer.org/risk_management/.
To reinforce health safety and best practices for illness prevention, please read the list below:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow the CDC's recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including Coronavirus.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms to help prevent the spread of the disease.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Idaho Youth Soccer Association