IYSA Presents our Coach of the Month
What team/teams do your currently coach?
- I coach for Ida-Ore Soccer Club out of Ontario Oregon
2005 U13 Girls FC Tigers United
2003 U15 Boys FC Tigers
What coaching licenses do you have? What is your coaching experience?
- I have my National E license; I have enrolled to take my National D license this December.
I’ve coached many years at recreation level. I’ve also Coached High school and College level girl teams. This will be my 4 year at competitive level with IYSA.
What experience do you have as a player?
- I’ve been playing Soccer since I could remember/walk. I have played Recreation, Club, High School and College and I’ll continue to play with my players and kids as long as possible.
What is your most memorable soccer experience as a coach?
- So many but, if I had to pick one:
Sitting next to Dave Goldstein, my friend/Coach, either on the bus, on the pitch or in the gym, picking he’s brain, absorbing his soccer knowledge, listening to his horrible jokes and Coaching Treasure Valley Community College Women’s team to its first regional appearance.
What is your favorite team(s)/player(s)?
- Argentina, Barcelona, Portland Timbers.
(Past) Diego Maradona and Mia Hamm.
(Current) Lionel Messi and Alex Morgan
Who is your mentor/hero and why?
- My long time wrestling Coach/2nd father Charlie Anthony. He taught me to always do your best no matter what you’re doing! Practice, practice, practice, always work hard and not to settle for mediocre. Losing is ok as long as you win something meaningful from it. As a kid I was always around him and I watched how he treated his family, friends and strangers and myself. I was lucky to see him mentor many students, kids, and athletes. I was privileged to see him raise his children, who have turned into very successful/good human beings. I hope to inspire as many people as he has. Thank you so much this is very meaningful to me, my players and parents.
What is your favorite quote?
- DON’T CHASE DREAMS, HUNT DOWN GOALS!
Tell us a random fun fact about you. (Ex: I can sing the alphabet backwards)
- I had the opportunity to play soccer in New Zealand and Mexico. I love Sushi and Laughing!