IYSA Presents our Player of the Month
What current club team do you play for? What is your age group?
- Idaho Rush Soccer 03G Premier
How long have you played soccer?
- I have played soccer since I was 5, so 11 years!
Do you have any ODP experience? If so, how much?
- I am currently playing my second year of ODP. Last year I made the Region IV ODP Team and went to Boca Raton, Florida for the Interregional Championships. I also went to Costa Rica with the Region IV Team.
What position do you play?
- Attacking Center Mid
What was your most memorable soccer experience?
- One of my most memorable soccer experiences was going to Costa Rica with the Region IV Team in February 2019. It was fun to soak up the unique culture of the area, as well as play some amazing soccer. We won the tournament with no goals against! Another one of my favorite soccer memories was going to Germany with the Rush Select National Team in March 2018. I had the opportunity to compete against some great teams, including Hoffenheim and Bayern Munich, and explore the beautiful country.
Who is your favorite team(s)/player(s)?
- One of my favorite teams to watch on the women’s side is the USWNT. My favorite players on that team are Tobin Heath and Julie Ertz. I also love to watch Manchester City. Another one of my favorite players is Andrès Iniesta.
Who is your mentor/hero and why?
- I have been very inspired by the 1999 USWNT. They paved the way for women’s soccer in the United States. I had the chance to have Brandi Chastain, one of the 99er’s, as my coach during two ODP events. Her passion and love for the game was contagious. She helped me be the best version of myself on and off the field.
Do you have any accomplishments you would like to share?
- I was selected for the ODP Region IV Top 18 team, the Thanksgiving ODP Interregional all-star team, and the Rush Select National Team. I have also participated in the National Junior Honor Society.
What is your favorite quote?
“Take your victories, whatever they may be, cherish them, use them, but don’t settle for them.”
– Mia Hamm
Tell us a random fun fact about you.
- In 2015, my grandfather and I ran our very first 10k race together. I was 12 and he was 78. We both came in first in our age groups.