IYSA Presents our Player of the Month
What current club team do you play for? What is your age group?
- I play for the Indie Chicas FC, and am in the u15 age group
How long have you played soccer?
- I have played soccer since I was 3 years old, that is 10 years!
Do you have any ODP experience? If so, how much?
-Yes, I am starting my 2nd year
What position do you play?
- I am playing holding mid, but last tear I played forward, and the year before that I played center D!
What was your most memorable soccer experience?
- My most memorable soccer experience is when I was in PAL, and I was the goalie and I drop kicked the ball from my goal and it went all the way into the other teams’ goal and scored! But a more recent memorable experience was getting to play in Surf Cup in San Diego, California. It was super fun and we got to play against really good teams. Also, they had all of these signs hanging up as you walked in saying that the best of the best have played and walked through these gates. It was really awesome to see and experience!
Who is your favorite team(s)/player(s)?
- The 03 Indie Chicas of course! But outside of that I really love watching the US Women’s National Team. I really like watching Carli Lloyd and Julie Ertz play!
Who is your mentor/hero and why?
-My hero/mentor is Carli Lloyd because she always pushes through her struggles and never gives up even when it’s hard. In her book it said that she was never the most athletic player, so every day she would run so she could get 90-120 mins of match fitness.
Do you have any accomplishments you would like to share? (school, sports, extracurricular activities, etc.)
-Just a few weeks ago I found out that I made the ODP Regional Pool for 2004 girls. I am in the National Junior Honor Society at Galileo STEM Academy. I play basketball for Sawtooth Middle School. In seventh grade I was the 7th grade Science Student of the Year, and in 6th grade I received the 6th grade Leadership award.
What is your favorite quote?
-This is a quote from Mia Hamm- “My coach said I run like a girl. And I said if he ran a little faster he could too.”
Tell us a random fun fact about you. (Ex: I can sing the entire alphabet backwards)
- I am really into DIYS and slime! I know how to make 5 different kinds! I also love doing flips and tricks on my trampoline.